At the end of this book, users will be presented with an investment game to test their skills. The goal of the game is to maintain a profitable portfolio of leases with a simulated set of businesses. Users construct contracts to rent hypothetical real estate to businesses. These businesses may default! Rental agreements specify an annual rent and lease duration; all transactions occur on a private Etheruem blockchain. Users will:
- import historical financial data for a number of simulated businesses
- augment quantitative data with textual information about those businesses (simulated tweets and annual reports)
- construct pro forma statements to forecast cash flows of businesses
- submit bids for lease agreements
- monitor transactions on the blockchain; public transaction records allows for strategic behavior!